Monday 12 July 2010

True believer

I was just enjoying a quiet evening when a very beautiful young woman called and started showing me a portfolio of paintings. She told me she was from an art school in Israel, so I asked whether there were any Arabs there. She proceeded to pour out a series of statements that could have come straight out of a Zionist propaganda pamphlet:-

In our Bible it says that God gave the land to us.

There is nowhere else in the world that we can go.

The Arabs want to kill us.

The Arabs started the fighting.

I asked her why her country continues to occupy the West Bank and pour settlers into it, but she claimed not to understand what was meant by occupation or West Bank. Nor was I able to interest her in the idea of equality. In the end she packed up her portfolio and left, no doubt pleased to have found further evidence that 'everybody hates us'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: