Friday 31 October 2008

Oops!

In my last post I succumbed to a bit of media manipulation. I had seen some interviews on Channel Four News with teenagers who saw nothing wrong with leaving bullying messages on answer-phones, but I don't know how those interviewees had been selected, nor how the interviews had been edited. The under-20s I have known certainly never struck me as likely to be bullies. The bullies I have known were mostly 40-plus.

I don't usually watch TV news, which in general I find much less informative than the printed press, but lately I have got into the habit of turning it on simply because the American election has become compulsive viewing. Note to self: no more regular watching of news programmes after 5th November, not even Channel Four!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: